Healthy Vegan & Gluten Free Cookie Cake!
Feb 11, 2020
❌MYTH: you can’t eat cake, ice cream, cookies, pancakes, muffins etc. when trying to lose weight…
This is so far from the truth! Every thing that is “unhealthy” or not nourishing is so easily made into a healthier version that is packed full of nutrients and healthy lifestyle friendly!
Eating healthy gets to be fun, delicious, simple AND you get to see amazing RESULTS THAT LAST!
And here is a perfect example of taking an unhealthy dessert that I love so much (COOKIE CAKE) and turning it into a healthy treat that is completely free of dairy, gluten, eggs, soy, canola oil!
Now don't take this as an excuse to make cookie cake every day and eat the whole thing by yourself because that kinda defeats the purpose! The point is that you can still enjoy the foods that you love on occasion because we have made a healthier version.
Doing this will actually increase your chances or sticking to a healthy lifestyle long term because you won't have to deal with the rules of a restricting diet that basically restrict you from eating anything that tastes good!
So make sure you give this healthy cookie cake recipe a shot! It's one of my favorites that I've made so far!
Click the Pinterest Button to Save ==>
- 2 - 2 1/2 cups of oat flour (or any gluten free flour)
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 package of Miyokos vegan butter
- 6 tbsp almond butter
- 3/4 cup of honey or maple syrup
- 1 Dairy free chocolate bar (my favorite is Theo)
- Pinch of pink Himalayan sea salt
Optional Chocolate Sauce
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1/3 chocolate bar
- 1/2 tbsp honey or maple syrup
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease the pan (I used a cast iron skillet) with Miyokos butter and chop the chocolate bar into chunks.
- Combine oat flour, baking soda, chocolate chunks, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Melt the butter in a small mixing bowl then add the almond butter and honey or maple syrup.
- Combine the wet and dry ingredients and mix until the batter is stiff.
- Drop the dough into your pan and flatten/spread it out with your fingers.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes then let cool for 10-20 minutes.
- For the chocolate sauce melt the coconut oil, chocolate in a small pot on the stove for a couple minutes. Add honey and mix together and drizzle on top of the cake when served!
Whose making this?!🙋🏻♀️ Give this a shot and make sure to take a picture and tag me on the socials @brittanymuchko
And just so you know, these are all "gut health friendly" ingredients
which is true for all of my recipes. Gut health is super important to long term weight loss and bloating
results so I have a Gut Health Daily Checklist
that you can download for free!
These are all the things that I do and suggest that my clients do on a daily basis for optimal gut health. So if you haven't already, make sure to click the link below to get the free PDF download.
Lots of love!
- Coach Britt -
***This page contains links to products that I am able to make a commission from. I only link to products that I personally use and enjoy or have researched. It is important to listen to your body when working out. If something is uncomfortable or difficult, use modifications that suit your needs. I am NOT a certified personal trainer or nutritionist. The content of this website is not written by a health care professional and is based solely on my own knowledge, research, and personal experience. I will not be held liable for any problems, injuries, or illnesses that might occur due to a change in your eating and fitness habits. Those who do not seek council from the appropriate health care professional assume the liability of any injury that may occur. Nothing on this website will replace the professional advice of your own private doctor. You should consult your physician or other health care professional before starting any fitness program to determine if it is right for you. If you experience any pain or difficulty when exercising, stop and consult your health care provider.***
I WANT THE CHECKLIST!
Get Your FREE Gut Health Daily Checklist!
Finally learn how to beat the bloat and lose weight for GOOD!